Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Doctor's Appointment

I haven't felt well for the last few days so I went to see my doctor this morning, I didn't really want to go but my mum insisted just in case it was serious. I knew it couldn't be, and thankfully it wasn't, but you know what parents are like. I went on my own, the last thing I wanted was my mum asking the doctor what I weighed, and I didn't even know until this morning.

I ate so much at breakfast that my stomach felt heavy and bloated and I found it hard walking to the bus stop. Usually after breakfast you know I lie down or watch TV for a while, but I had to go early. I tried cradling my belly again but it was no good, I was nearly sick from all the food sloshing around inside me. Anyway I was glad to get to the doctor's, the bus stop isn't far from the entrance anyway. I got in, sat down and belched. It was kind of funny, everyone looked at me lol :P. Anyway I had half an hour to wait so I took out a chocolate bar and started eating. I wasn't planning to do a blog today so I wasn't counting, but when I realised I'd run out I thought 'holy fuck', because I'd just eaten 2 mars bars, two packs of munchies, a large twix and a crunchie in less than 10 minutes. I knew that because of all the wrappers lol, I rarely count them when I buy them, I just take all I can carry :P

Anyway that just gave me such a belly ache, but I managed to just ignore it and wait for them to call me. I got in and spoke to my doctor, she commented that I'd put on a lot of weight since I last saw her, which was nearly a year ago. I kinda apologised and she said it wasn't her I had to be sorry to, it was me. She asked me what I'd come in about, I told her I just generally felt ill, stomach pains, headaches, and some other embarrassing things that I probably shouldn't mention.

She tapped at her computer and had a think about it and asked me a lot about my diet, I reckon she immediately figured my weight was to blame. I told her the truth, but obviously not the whole truth. I told her what I ate in a normal day, what I drink, what excersise I take, blah blah blah, and then she told me what she thought.

She thinks I'm not eating enough!!! Lol. Well not exactly, she thinks I'm getting too much fat in my diet and not enough vitamins and carbohydrates and stuff. And she thinks I need more excersise. She told me that with what I eat it's no wonder I was gaining weight, and also said that I was dangerously overweight and should seriously think about cutting down on my daily intake. I told her I'd tried but I simply get too hungry, she thinks thats probably just because my body's used to it but if I can cut down for a few days I'll stop wanting more food.

She told me what I needed to do, basically what all doctors tell my mum, eat healthy, cut down to 2000 calories a day and try and get a little excersise. Well fuck that I don't want to!!! She said she didn't think there was anything seriously wrong with me, but if I got worse then to come back and see her. She said it was probably just bad food for the last few days. To be honest that sounds about right, the only veg I've had all week has been a couple of things from mum and the lettuce in a big mac :P

Anyway, before I left I asked to use her scales. It was sort of embarassing, my belly bulging over my waist as I bent over to look at the reading lol :P but I finnally saw, you ready? It was:




























Weight : 297 pounds

Or : 21 stone 3 pounds (I think, I'm not 100% sure lol)






So I've put on over a stone since I outgrew my home scales, and you know what, I think I can see every single one of them packed onto my belly lol.

I'm so close to 300 pounds it's scary :$, but now I think of it I'm probably over 300 lbs because I went to McDonald's after I came back from the doctor's. I stuffed myself fucking silly lol :P I had a big mac, 2 cheese burgers (this time I made them doubles) and a chicken sandwich, followed by 3 portions of fries, a muffin, a donut, an apple pie, a crunchie mcflurry and a dairy milk mcflurry and 2 strawberry milkshakes and a large coke. I was so stuffed I got a taxi home lol. I managed to waddle to the taxi rank, my stomach was so full it hurt lol, but it was kind of erotic at the same time. I undid my belt and button in the taxi and the driver looked back at me in the rear veiw mirror. I was sweating and I groaned. It was so funny, you know what he said?
"Say, you're not having a baby are you?"

I laughed so much, he thought I was pregnant. I guess you would though, I came in with a huge round stretch marked belly, sweating and groaning in pain lol! :P

That's the first time that's happened so far but I doubt it'll be the last.

I got home and told my mum (not my weight she'd have a fit!) and she cooked me extra veg with my dinner :P I have no intention of cutting down on the junk food so really I have to just force down more veg when I have a meal lol. Maybe I'll try a macdonald's salad, although that'd be pushing it lol.

Bubi 4 now, hugs and xx's

Ali

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW Ali, 75 pounds since Christmas!!! Well done. I know how you feel about pictures but it really would be nice if you could show a before/after photo. Wish you luck in the future and keep gaining :).

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting us know, Ali!

Let's see... keeping yourself stuffed without even thinking about what you're eating (COOL!!), typical platitudes from doctors...

Well, if she thinks you need more veggies and carbs, and in higher proportion to the fat in your diet... it just means you'll have work up to eating twice as much as you do now so you can squeeze in all that bread and veggies-in-fattening-sauces, right? *grin*

Cut down to 2000 calories a day... what a load of crap! Still, it's the official health-care-provider line, so it's to be expected.

Yup, as your belly grows ever bigger you'll probably get the "Are you pregnant" line more often whenever you've stuffed it to the gills :)

On eating a McDonald's Salad... depends, can you add that to your existing McDonald's along with another large coke to wash it down? :)

Anonymous said...

Yo Ali. I just got onto your yahoo messenger (it's undertow) and anyway, I study nutrition and sports science at uni so I know what I'm talking about.

Sure what the doctor is telling you is the 'textbook' thing, but she is also probably assuming that you want to conform to look like a standard stick figure.

So, you can eat whatever you like as long as you get the vitamins and minerals, and a close enough mixture of protein, fats and carbs that you want.

And in terms of exercise? Well, I know how much cardio sucks! But if you like, got a swiss ball or something and did squats against the wall with it etc, then that way you'd never have to worry about losing mobility (assume you want to be able to move around, I dunno ;) )

Anyway, your blog is exciting to read, write to me! - Simon